Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rejuvinate!

I don't know if it's the warm weather - but I've been feeling so creative lately, and it feels spectacular. I've been coming up with new flavor ideas for my vegan baking, envisioning a new website (if only I had the skills to make what's in my head!), gathering ideas for starting a monthly book group, and resurrecting my knitting habit. Once I have a little extra cash I'm going to get my violin bows repaired and get back to making music again too! Phew - I just hope I can keep this up!

Justin and I have been talking lately about how much we're starting to dislike the television. I find myself exhausted after walking home, doing dishes, picking up the house a bit, and making dinner - sometimes it's just way too easy to slide onto the couch and sit like a lump until it's time for bed. The other night we played a friendly game of Scrabble and it was so refreshing to actually interact with each other. I'm still finding myself "night eating" and I'm hoping that less time in front of the t.v. will help to quench this.

I want to start paying more attention to the foods I eat. Maybe you just did a double-take and thought, "Um, this is a food blog and from what I read, she's eating pretty healthy!" This is true. However, I'm not going to lie, I have the occasional "cheat." I'll eat a cheese sample at Whole Foods or have some ice-cream with friends or a baked good at the local coffee shop. These little "oh it's just a little thing; it doesn't matter" moments need to end. That's not to say that I should deprive myself of everything, but I want to continue to lose weight and feel healthy and I think that's a good place to start.

Three times in the last 2 days someone has told me I look thinner and I've felt thrilled. I attribute the majority of my weight loss to becoming vegan because it's not only been healthier, but it's given me more energy to go go go! I am this close to fitting in my "skinny" jeans and need that extra little push to get me there. I can do it - and so can you!

1 comment: