Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sweet Potato Dal



This evening I made Happy Herbivore's Sweet Potato Dal which I found on the Forks Over Knives website. It turned out better than the photo looks and tasted oh so good. Awesome part - there's no oil in the recipe, it used up some more of our veggie stock, I used these new beautiful mixed colored lentils I found in the bulk aisle at Whole Foods, and it was nice and spicy! I served it with a simple salad made with red and yellow bell pepper, zucchini, cucumber, and avocado drizzled with lime juice, a teensie bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. 

I just ordered the Forks Over Knives book which has 125 recipes - I'm super excited for it to arrive. Will share some of its wisdom once I get into it. 

Sorry for being MIA again. The holidays took over and I got wrapped up in knitting hats for a new group I started called Head Huggers of Greater Portland, Maine. I hope to have more time to write on here in the coming new year (which marks the 1 year anniversary of J and I converting to veganism!). 

Eat happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment