Saturday, February 4, 2012

Detox - One week to go!

Hello there, friends! I'm sorry; I've been a terrible blogger lately. My "real" job has been super stressful lately and I'm just exhausted when I get home. The detox is going really well but that also takes up a good chunk of my time. It's a lot of planning and cooking ahead of time - something I'm just not used to! 

So far, I've lost about 12 pounds and J has lost 16. We're feeling more energetic, happier, and healthier and it's fantastic. This week, we added back in grains including brown rice, amaranth, and quinoa. Next week, our last week, we add back in wheat products. 

So my fear is coming back....what happens when week 4 is over? I don't want to go back to my old ways of perpetual snacking, processed vegan foods, and carb overloads. We ate healthy before, but we ate very rich foods and our portion sizes were out of control. J and I have vowed not to go back to that way of life and will try to continue making our weekly menus, preparing our own snacks rather than buying meal bars and rice cakes and munches, desserts are going to be be a once in a blue moon thing and no more eating after 8pm. We both want to lose 40+ pounds this year and are determined to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment