Saturday, October 20, 2012

Anti-Inflamatory Diet

I recently started going to a new doctor because I've just been so fed up with the practice I've been going to for the last three years. They've switched my GP on me 4 times now and they're front desk staff is horribly rude.

So this new place, Wildwood Medicine, has a much more holistic view of things - which falls right in line with my mode of thinking. I've been complaining of several things for several years now and I'm just tired of not feeling healthy! So my new GP (who is a nurse practitioner) told me to try out an anti-inflammatory diet for a month or so. Inflammation can be the cause of many discomforts and for someone like me who's prone to chronic infections, has hypothyroidism, and three herniated disks - I'm sure there's a lot of inflammation going on in me!

Now, being vegan, I'm almost on this diet already so this shouldn't be too rough! In addition to cutting out animal products, it's recommended that I cut all refined sugar (not easy for a baker!), margarine, white bread (never touch the stuff anyway), bagels, white rice, processed foods, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers. The last four on that list will be the most difficult, and of course cutting sugar is never easy. She'd also like me to test out excluding gluten.

I'm planning to start on Monday and have been tooling around the Internet to find some recipes and hope to try some out this week so that I can get the hang of this and then hopefully I'll have some of my own recipes to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment